No products in the basket.
A bat is to a batsman what a limb is to the body. Without the bat, the batsman is incomplete. Memorable moments in the history of cricket have not only been made by cricketers but by their equipment as well, especially bats. After all, how would that iconic sixer have taken place without that bat, whose destiny was to be a part of that iconic moment? Here’s a list of 5 cricket bats which have helped cricket players make history-
1. Gray Nicolls Scoop – The bat, a sensation in the world of cricket in the1970s and 1980s, has been wielded by several legendary cricketers including Ian Chappells, Clive Lloyd, Gordon Greenidge and Lawrence Rowe. Today, the Gray Nicolls Scoop XVII sells like hotcakes.
2. Kookaburra Beast – The Beast is a powerful bat made of naturally air-dried English willow wood of the highest quality. The bat’s handle, made of Sarawak cane has a strong octopus grip. The bat has been endorsed by Ricky Ponting, Brad Haddin, Brad Hodge, Matthew Wade, Tim Paine and Mitchell Johnson.
3. Reebok Blast – The Reebok Blast is a popular bat among Indian cricketers. The bat is made of the finest English willow wood, and comes with a Sarawak cane handle and a chevron grip. The bat has been commended and endorsed by cricketers including MS Dhoni, Shakib Al Hasan, Yuvraj Singh, Gautam Gambhir and Sanath Jayasuriya.
4. Kookaburra Kahuna – The bat, made from grade-1 English willow with a 12-piece Sarawak cane handle, has been commended for its amazingly light pick up. The Kookaburra Kahuna also caused quite a controversy because of a thin strip of carbon graphite on it, which supposedly gave the players more power. Eventually, the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) issued a ban disallowing batsmen from using this particular bat in Test matches.
5. GM Icon – The high-quality English willow wood bat is known for its surprisingly light pick up and the ability to offer concentrated power. The bat is among the best offerings from Gunn & Moore,and has been endorsed by Shane Watson, Ross Taylor, Jonathan Trott and Alex Hales.
Looking for the perfect cricket bat for yourself? VKS Cricket has the best range of cricket bats from Gunn & Moore, Gray Nicolls, Kookaburra, SS Ton, Infinity, Keeley, Adidas, Chase, New Balance, Newberry, SF, Hunts County and MRF available for you in-store and on the website. Shop online and avail fantastic discounts on your purchase.