No products in the basket.
In February, a total of 16 English players had participated in the IPL 2021 Auction in Chennai and only a few of them were sold. These sold players will now be playing in the 2021 Indian Premier League, which is scheduled to begin on the 9th of April 2021 and end on the 30th of May 2021. The matches will be held across six different venues in India, marking the fourteenth season of the IPL.
Here’s what you need to know about the sold English players who will be playing in 2021 IPL –
- Moeen Ali – Moeen Ali is an English international cricketer of Pakistani descent who got sold for £692,000. He will be playing for Chennai Super Kings in the upcoming IPL. He is a left-handed batting allrounder and right-arm off spinner who has represented England in all formats of cricket, including the 2019 Cricket World Cup. He was honoured with the Warwickshire’s NBC Denis Compton Award in both 2004 and 2005 and Worcestershire’s NBC Denis Compton Award in 2009.
- Tom Curran – Tom Curran is an English right-arm fast-medium bowler and right-handed batsman. He was auctioned for £518,000 and he will be playing for Delhi Capitals. He has represented England in Test Matches, One Day Internationals and Twenty20 Internationals, and in domestic cricket, he plays for the Surrey County Cricket Club. Though Curran was selected for the 2019 Cricket World Cup, he could not play any matches during the tournament.
- Sam Billings – Sam Billings, who will be playing for Delhi Capitals, got auctioned for c. £197,000. He is a right-handed batsman who fields as a wicketkeeper. He comes with experience playing in the Pakistan Super League, Indian Premier League and the Big Bash League in Australia. He currently plays domestic cricket for the Kent County Cricket Club.
- Dawid Malan – Dawid Malan, who got auctioned for £148,000, will be playing for Punjab Kings in the upcoming IPL tournament. He is a left-handed batsman and bowls legbreak. He currently ranks first in the ICC T20I batsman rankings, with a whopping 915 points – the highest ever rating. He plays domestic cricket for England and Yorkshire County Club.
- Liam Livingstone – Liam Livingstone got auctioned for £74,000 and he will be playing for Rajasthan Royals in the upcoming IPL tournament. He is a right-handed opening batsman and an occasional spin bowler. He can also bowl right-arm leg and off spin. He has been playing in T20I tournaments since 2015.
Unfortunately, Alex Hales, Jason Roy, Adil Rashid, David Willey, Ben Duckett, Nayan Doshi, Lewis Gregory, Reece Topley, George Garton, Ravi Bopara and Liam Plunkett are players that went unsold in the auction.
Excited about the cricket season of 2021? If you are a cricket player and looking to upgrade your cricket kit this season then VKS is your go-to place for all your cricket equipment, be it bats, balls, bags, shoes, clothing, accessories or protective gear. VKS offers premium quality cricket gear from top brands in the world of cricket such as Gray Nicolls, Gunn & Moore, Kookaburra, Adidas, SS Ton and more at affordable prices. We also have cricket helmets, shirts, cricket trousers, cricket shoes, sweaters, baselayers, socks, caps and hats, safety equipment and teamwear in a variety of designs and sizes. Shop with us in-store or order online at www.vks.com and avail fantastic discounts on your purchase.