No products in the basket.
How to maintain the spikes on cricket shoes
As we highlighted in our previous blog, the spikes on cricket shoes help maintain a good grip on the ground. Without them, a player would find it hard to remain steady on the pitch, especially if it is wet and greasy. Therefore, it is important the spike plate and the spikes are taken care of well to keep them working in good condition. Here’s how you can do it –
1. Do not put your shoes in the washing machine. The forceful movements of the washing machine are likely to damage the spikes and the rest of the shoe. Do not put the shoes in the tumble dryer either. The heat in the dryer can also damage the spikes.
2. Clean the spike plate with hands. You can take the mud and the grass off the spikes with a toothbrush and clean the spike plate with a cloth and soapy water.
3. If you have been playing on wet, grassy surfaces, try to clean the mud and the grass immediately after playing. Do not let the mud and the grass stay on the spikes for too long as this will cause them to rust too quickly.
4. When not using the shoes, you could remove the spikes and keep them separately. This will keep the spikes from rusting.
5. If you are having difficulty taking off the spikes or putting them back in, try using a little petroleum jelly or WD-40.
6. Make sure that your spike key always grips the spike firmly. If it isn’t doing that, then it is time to get a new one.
7. Keep checking your spikes regularly to know when to replace them. If the spike beings to look like flat-headed stubs, it is time to get a new set of spikes.
Looking for the perfect cricket shoes for your yourself? Whether you are a batsman or a bowler, VKS Cricket has the latest models of cricket shoes for you from the best of brands including Adidas, Payntr, Asics, Gunn & Moore, Gray-Nicolls, Kookaburra and New Balance. We also offer replacement spikes and rubber studs for all models of cricket shoes. Our range of products is available for you both in-store and on the website. Shop online for your cricket shoes and the rest of your cricket equipment, and avail fantastic discounts on your purchase!
14 thoughts on “How to maintain the spikes on cricket shoes”
Therefore, it is important the spike plate and the spikes are taken care of well to keep them working in good condition.
Thanks for sharing this article, it is a very helpful article.
This topic is very interesting and I am interested but do not know where to find, thankfully you create this topic, hope everyone will help me
if looking for the best autoankaud updates then go here
Thank you for sharing this useful article information. I am really impressed with the article you provided. online jigsaw puzzles
thanks for sharing the useful tips
nice and cool to know about the stuff
Thanks for sharing the useful tips.
Check Car Tax
thanks and nice shoes info here
The article is very easy to understand, detailed and meticulous! I had a lot of harvest after watching this article from you! I find it interesting, your article gave me a new perspective! I have read many other articles on the same topic, but your article convinced me!
It’s a valuable blog when it comes to saving spikes on your shoes and very important for people like me who are always engaged in playing sports.
Nice Article. I will love to subscribe to this blog. ride on cars
The Tarp Co. is one of the best Online tarp sellers in the USA.
Nice one, I like the way you explain every point in this blog. Looking forward to such articles on your website.
6 finger hand
Comments are closed.