No products in the basket.
Top Batting Pads of 2020
While 2020 has been an unpleasant year in more ways than one, the one thing that has not changed is our love for cricket and cricket gear. So, with the closing of the year just a couple of months away, isn’t it time to treat the cricket player to their favourite pieces of cricket equipment and hope that the next year will be better? This blog is dedicated to one of the most important components of protective cricket gear – batting legguards, which protect your legs and knees from injuries on the pitch.
Here are our top picks for batting legguards –
- Gray Nicolls Legend Batting Legguards – This extraordinary legguard’s vertical shin Bolster is made up of Vapour Foam strips, HD Foam strips and Poly-armour which give it 3 levels of armour, thereby ensuring the highest level of protection. The butterfly padded straps, buckles and leg hugging design ensure that the wearer is comfortable at all times. High Impact from fast flying balls can be dangerous for knees, therefore, the legguards have gel zone knee cups for superior knee protection.
- GM Diamond Original Batting Legguards – These excellent batting legguards have been designed and used by the current vice-captain of the England cricket team, Ben Stokes. The legguards have been made using Poron XRD, and have the 7 vertical bar design in the front. The velcro straps are easy to fasten and unfasten, and add to the comfort of the pads.
- Kookaburra Kahuna Concept Pro Batting Legguards – These top-quality batting legguards from Kookaburra Kahuna have been constructed using the latest 3D compression moulding and traditional pad making techniques. They have been made from high density foam with low impact rebound characteristics and reinforced cane rods. The three-piece external knee bolster with vertical bolsters of the bat provides enhanced, long-lasting shape retention.
- Ton Test Opener Batting Legguards – Special Edition Embossed “S” – These batting legguards boast of high quality, and the embossed “S” adds to their style factor. The batting legguards have a lightweight design, but they do not compromise on their protection factor. The ultra wide side bolsters ensure protection from impact on the sides. The back of the pads has a mesh lining for optimum cooling and ventilation.
- Adidas XT SL Pro Batting Legguard – These batting legguards are loaded with great features that promise maximum comfort, protection and flexibility to the batsman. The legguards have a 3-piece knee roll section and full front cane vertical protection. The TPU tab/velcro closure design is easy to use.The lightweight construction of the pads using both high and low density foam keeps batsmen comfortable even during long innings.
- Infinity Reserve Pro Batting Legguards – These batting legguards offer the best of protection without burning a hole in your pocket. The cane reinforcements in the front of the pad along with the high density padding are great at protecting the legs from injuries from high-impact balls. The cushioned straps with wide webbed design are easy to use and comfortable.
- VKS Player Edition Batting Legguards – Weighing only 856 grams, these legguards offer test grade protection to batsmen. The cane reinforcements in the front of the pads along with high density foam combine to offer the highest level of protection. The pads have extra wide side protection panels to offer the legs complete protection from balls coming from the sides. The cushioned straps, with their wide webbed design, make it very easy to put on and remove the pads.
VKS is your go-to place for all your cricket equipment, be it bats, balls, bags, shoes, clothing, accessories or protective gear. VKS offers premium quality cricket gear from the best-known brands at affordable prices. We also have cricket helmets, shirts, cricket trousers, cricket shoes, sweaters, baselayers, socks, caps and hats, safety equipment and teamwear in a variety of designs and sizes. Shop with us in-store or order online at www.vks.com and avail fantastic discounts on your purchase